Monday, November 4, 2013

Reflections

I haven't been working for a month now because of ankle surgery, and I go back in about a week. I have had A LOT of free time on my hands which has forced me to reflect on myself. I have a lot of issues, as most of us do, and I have decided to start battling them head on. I have clinical depression and have been taking anti depressants on and off for about 5 years now. I have decided that tomorrow will be my last day of taking them. I refuse to let my happiness depend on a pill any longer. This is one of the main reasons for this blog. I need something to vent to. I need to find what makes ME happy and do it.

A lot of people have it way worse than I do, and I need to start being thankful for what I have. My happiness from now on, will come from myself. From here on out, I will believe in myself. I refuse to second guess myself anymore. I refuse to let my happiness depend on what others think of me. I need to learn to be happy with myself.

I go to school full time for nursing. I get amazing grades, and I love learning new things. This I am thankful for and happy about. I have a job that pays my bills, and although it angers me at times, most people cannot say they have one. I have a family who supports me and always has my back no matter how angry we get at each other at times. I also have some amazing friends who I cherish and try to keep close to me at all times. I have a dog who I often refer to as my son who has taught me the true meaning of love.

Time to focus on me, and making myself the best version of me possible.

1 comment: